Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Sunday, December 05, 2004

A Brief Update

Awful, awful, this weekend. (Keeping in mind the whole perspective that includes recognizing that I didn't lose any family members, that I suffer from no degenerative diseases that took a turn for the worse, etc.--it was only awful, you know, comparatively.) Grading lots of papers; never a good thing, that. Received a rejection from an editor on an article I submitted, which came with "reader's comments" that accused me of...well, essentially, intellectual fraud. Plus I've got a mock interview in the morning, which means that I get to be judged by people whose opinion of me I actually value. Bad weekend--up until about 2:00 this afternoon, when I finally got around to seeing The Incredibles. At which point, I ceased having a bad weekend. Good movies truly are a wonderful thing, aren't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home