Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Friday, August 20, 2004

Apologies

I'm not ignoring you--my parents are moving from their residence of 25+ years and I've been drafted into assisting them in this bleak task. (Kiss those childhood memories goodbye! Choose which treasured mementos to keep and which to toss, unceremoniously, into the dumpster! I actually found myself using one of the house's, um, porcelain facilities and thinking to myself, "Well, that may be the last time that I ever do that here." Which suddenly brought home to me the fact that too much wistfulness is a very very silly thing indeed. Regardless--) Said house is without internet access, so only at infrequent intervals can I steal away. Updates should be sketchy for about a week. Go read "The Onion" and "The Borowitz Report" instead until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home