Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Saturday, December 18, 2004

A Feeble Excuse for a Post

Delays continue, though I'm now safely past the grading/filing period of last quarter. (Whew.) Said delays spring, I'm sorry to say, from nail-biting distraction--weakness in the form of anxiety--while I wait to hear from schools about interviews at the MLA (see earlier post as to what the hell I'm talking about.) The good news is I've got three interviews lined up so far--not bad, I'm not complaining, exactly, and they're all good schools--but the more schools call me, the better chance I have of getting through an interview without, you know, screwing up by freezing on a question, or punching someone out, or setting the building on fire. And there are still a bunch of places that showed interest in me who haven't called--and who haven't written to say "Ha-Ha! Got your hopes up and you fell for it, loser!" And the time-gap between now and when I take the (oh joy) redeye to Philadelphia on the 26th is narrowing. Why aren't they calling? Damn it all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home