Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Sunday, December 18, 2005

New Developments

A. I'm sick, again. Pray God it'll be brief, and, really, it's not that severe and it's much better that it's happening now and not a week from now, when Christmas hits and the flight to Washington and interviews with prestigious universities follow. So, small favors. Speaking of which--

B. I've been invited for a campus visit. This is the final stage of the hiring process. A school has liked me enough to offer to fly me out and meet with me over a few days--and I'll probably have to give a lengthy paper in front of the whole department (no pressure there!) Anyway, this is the point at which I'll either get the job, or not. It's down to 3 candidates. Won't happen until late January, but if you feel like crossing your fingers now, it couldn't hurt.

2 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Fingers are crossed! Which makes it difficult to type. I wish to support you, however, in your quest for academic respectability. I do need to finish my chapter tonight. But I'm very happy about your campus visit and want it to go well for you. Okay, this supportive stuff is hard!

Keep us posted. And feel better soon.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You'll do fine. Just imagine yourself standing in front of them in your underwear. Oh, wait, do I have that backward?

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home