Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bad News

I just received my first post-MLA rejection e-mail. One interviewing committee has given me the thumbs-down. Depressing? Well, a bit, of course. On the other hand, it was inevitable that somebody wasn't going to ask me for a campus visit, and indeed that several somebodies would and will not. Still, we all want to be wanted, and one down narrows the list of possibilities, and all that. Sigh. Shrug. Attempt at stoic forbearance.

2 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Damn.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Yr. Hmbl. & Obdt. said...

Yeah.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home