Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Time Out

There's a FOXTROT cartoon that I'm quite fond of--Jason, the 10-year-old wunderkind wanders into the kitchen sometime in early October and announces to his mother, "Well, I'm done with my homework." "For the week?" she asks. "For the year," he explains, as if this is the most natural thing in the world. Then turns around, saying, "Excuse me, I have to go meld with the TV for the next few months." Well, I don't have months, but I have a new Xbox 360 on the way and a week to myself, so, with all due respect to my readers--and bear in mind, I love you all more than I can--f*** off, I'm having fun! Come back in a week when I'm miserable again--it's always more entertaining to read about someone's unhappiness than their stuporific joy--don't believe me? Go talk to a friend who's in the first flush of joyful, mutual love--then go talk to someone in the midst of a horrific break-up. Yeah, I think you get the point. Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Enjoy your hibernation. You may love your Xbox but you know you'll miss us.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to think of a way we can still be friends. Um, I beat Super Mario Brothers 3 in high school? I used to play a lot of Snood when I first got my laptop?

I didn't think that would help. Enjoy your week though! Really. :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger ArticulateDad said...

Gosh, Katie, you've got me nostalgic. I remember when they installed the new "space invaders" machine at our local ice rink, when I was in middle school.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home