Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

...ummm...

To be honest, I'm only posting so as to confirm that I continue to sustain life functions. I'm picking up classes for a colleague who covered for me when I went on that campus visit (will those people ever get around to just saying "no" and putting me out of my misery???), and that means that I'm on my feet lecturing for three straight hours--it's a wee bit tiring, mentally and physically, and all I really want to do at the end of the day is slap my arm, find the vein, insert the sweet syringe of cable television, and press the plunger. Mmmmm...laugh tracks...So I've nothing profound or witty to say, alas. (That is, even less so than usual.) For interim amusement, I refer you to the blogs of those who have posted in response to mine--their clean and shiny places of self-expression put mine to shame--enjoy them as I do...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have stuff in common again! I'm understanding mental exhaustion much better than I ever hoped I would. In fact, I've found myself so completely checked out that I can watch television and realize I have no idea what's been happening on screen. Then I shrug and go to sleep.

See? Nothing profound or witty in my comment even! Work is just draining too much energy.

3:59 AM  
Blogger phd me said...

I know! I still haven't heard from my interview in January. I'm reconciled to the rejection but it would be nice if they would just formalize it already. Why, why do they torture us this way?

7:55 AM  
Blogger ArticulateDad said...

For interim amusement, I refer you to the blogs of those who have posted in response to mine

Except Jehanus Bleak doesn't seem to have a blog yet. Pity!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home