Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Friday, September 10, 2004

Well.

Now that the horror of the Jedi debacle (both the film itself and my hamfisted attempts to correct it) are over, we can get back to other, less tedious things...Today, though, I had to get up wretchedly early for a train that was late and then delayed on the tracks while I was attempting, through only partly opened eyes, to reread Locke's TWO TREATISES ON GOVERNMENT (which I'm teaching soon and only half-mindedly remember), meaning that my underlining goes from very crisp and straight (immobile train) to wobbly as hell (moving train) to drooping off-page (I'm falling asleep--GET TO THE POINT, JOHN!) So now I'm faced with the choice of writing a long entry, or quitting my work-prep early and napping. Frankly, I think, for those of us in this world who aren't fortunate enough to lead lives of sufficient frivolity/triviality to allow them to take naps mid-afternoon, I owe it to all of us to take a hit for the team. Snooze-time it is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home