Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Coy Bullsh*t and a Public Service Message

I really shouldn't go around recommending other blogs, since the appeal of mine is so limited that I'd be foolish to encourage people to seek their edification and amusement elsewhere (simpering, self-deprecating shrug, the kind that just makes you want to punch the praise-trolling bastard--in this case, me--right in the face 'til he bleeds out the ears), but that said, for all of you ridiculous, sad, deluded, pathetic, did I mention sad?, obsessed Star Wars folks out there (like me), this blog is genuinely witty and well-written, a combination of intelligent analysis of the Lucasian universe and just a plain hoot to read: http://darthside.blogspot.com/

Go, read, you'll thank me. Actually, you won't thank me, because you'll be gone, never to return. Although if you read the talkbacks, you might come back, if only to assure yourself that you're not one of those people.

Oh, and on a sick, misogynist whim this morning, I Googled the combination of "anne coulter" and "f*cking b*tch"--and, much to my complete lack of surprise, a healthy--though not overwhelming--number of links revealed themselves. To be fair, I then Googled "anne coulter" and "totally right" and got at least twice the number of links. The difference is that in almost all of the first search results, "anne coulter" was, in fact, the "f*cking b*tch" in question.* In the second search, only one--that I could find by my cursory glancing--referred to her as being "totally right"; the rest tended to contain statements like "You're totally right--Anne Coulter is a f*cking b*tch." I'm not sure if this proves anything. But it was a fun way for me to procrastinate from having to write my symposium paper on Freud's Group Psychology and the Analysis of the Ego and its relevance to the dilemma of heroism versus democracy in Aeschylus's Oresteia. Can you blame me for putting that off? I thought not.

*These included a highly disturbing sexual fantasy involving the rape and humiliation of Ms. Coulter, in which, under the sobriquet in question, she was encouraged to "take it all." I'm no fan, but that's just wrong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have skipped the last paragraph - beneath you, I think.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Yr. Hmbl. & Obdt. said...

Hah! Nothing is beneath me. Nothing. OK, except for sex with underage, mentally challenged zoo animals. But that's it. Oh, and line dancing. But that goes without saying.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home