Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

So...Tired...

Still not enough energy to put together a coherent ramble, much less diatribe. Been lifting heavy things and carrying them long distances--distances that seem longer and longer with each trip--to a vehicle, then driving said vehicle through what seems to be inevitably terrible traffic, only to arrive at my destination (which is a wonderful place, really, truly--it's just...stairs...oh so many stairs...third-floor garret...heavy heavy things...so heavy...) and carry said heavy objects up said stairs and have to pause half-way through and wonder whether maybe just living quietly on the streets isn't a preferable alternative...and then go to bed in aching pain with the antithesis-of-comforting thought that I get to do it again tomorrow. But I'm done with that part. Now I just have to unpack...something I still don't care enough to do, really...(I'm overusing the ellipses this post, aren't I? I'm sorry, I meant 'Aren't I...?') Anyhoo, all this physical and time-consuming misery is happening RIGHT WHEN I have a fresh stack of papers to grade RIGHT AWAY, and I have to write a 20-page paper for a symposium I'm going to at the end of the month, and I also have to revise another essay by the end of the month--though I shouldn't b*tch about this, because I'm revising it for...wait for it...publication. Yes, I'm going to be published. In a real literary journal. With pages and a shiny cover and everything! That is seriously cool and even more seriously important, since getting published, I'm told by those in the know, is the real factor in getting hired...Sure hope so! So anyway, while I love you all, I'm very busy and very very very very very very very very very tired--so tired, in fact, that I meant to type 'very' for several more pages, but I just got exhausted and figured, 'f*** it'--yes, I'm compromising my artistic vision out of exhaustion, that's how tired I am. So please continue to hold, your call will be answered in the order it was received...(Had to end with an ellipse, didn't I?) (Oh, but wait--I just--f***.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home