Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Delay

First major paper for my students is due this week, which means I'll be commuting down to Irvine (1 to 1 1/2 hours each way) twice as much, spending much much time in office hours, reviewing drafts, and then, starting Friday, wading into a stack of grading about 50 papers deep. (And for this they pay me the kind of remuneration that used to be called wage-slavery--shouldn't we bring back that term, especially in this age of WalMart?) Anyway, this will leave me no time to think, much less write, so please have patience...Next week, maybe. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home