Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Light at the End of the Tunnel---

--is the headlights of the oncoming train.

Which is to say that I finally--finally--finished my grading. Yes, you won't have to hear me Bitch & Moan about that for...well, at least another week.

Unfortunately, I chose to celebrate my completion of grading by doing what all people in my romantic situation do--drinking alone. Several--rather too many--glasses of incredibly cheap red wine last night. On an empty stomach.

And this morning, I ponder--does anything give you a worse hangover than cheap red wine? (Except for drinking champagne over several hours under a hot sun, which as a practice is, I believe, banned under the Geneva convention--my God is that a suicidal practice.)

So today will be spent, head in hands, whimpering about how life isn't fair. Which should amuse my students to no end...

2 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Well, it certainly amuses me. Glad you finished the grading before you finished the bottle - or the box. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I agree that both drinks (cheap red wine and champagne consumed under a hot sun) result in awful, I-want-to-die, I-will-never-drink-again sort of hangovers. I hope yours went away fairly promptly, and.... drink more water next time. :)

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home