Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Monday, January 31, 2005

A Momentary Pause

Stack of grading to wade through, so I must set aside voluntary blogging for professional obligations. In other news, today is my wife's birthday. I did have a lengthy and screamingly witty riff to share with you all on this extremely humorous subject, but alas I've been anticipated in this intention, and have been informed, in terms that leave no room for dubiety, that it's pretty much worth my manhood to go down this road. And, well, gee, folks, I'm kind of attached to those specific appendages, so...um, well, I guess there's nothing more to be said. Certainly nothing funny. Nothing at all. Nope. The word? "Mum." 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home