Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Still No Fulminations...Sorry

The lack of phone calls, pro or con, regarding my future employment (possibly for life, mind you) continues to wear on my mental energy and, consequently, my ability to become empassioned about the trivial or the obvious. So it's not that I'm not here, and available to post such blatherings, it's just...I find myself curiously mute on any and all subjects. Given this week's inaugural festivities, I suspect there will be plenty to be snarky about--I particularly like the fact that the administration is forcing the city of D.C., one of the most woefully underfunded districts in the country, to pony up multi-millions for the inaugural festivities, a break with decades of tradition (usually the party itself picks up the tab) that I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact that the District went overwhelmingly for Kerry and the Bush administration is singularly mean and vindictive. Pure coincidence.

On a lighter note, I've been married for eight years as of today. But really, that's mostly because I don't have the energy to cheat or get drunkenly abusive. (Which in the latter case is more than I can say for my wife. Kidding, honey! Please don't hurt me. Please. I'm sorry. Don't make me renew that restraining order. I'm tired of telling the police I ran into a doorknob and burned my face on the iron and fell down a flight of stairs--we live in a one bedroom apartment, they just don't believe that last one.) But seriously folks, she's lovely and surprisingly tolerant of my emotional neglect and interpersonal inaccessability. But then, as I always say about her: "Whatever." (I'm really going to pay for this blog entry, I hope you all realize. In fact, it may well be my last...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home