Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Just So You Know...

I'm essentially taking today and tomorrow off--sleeping in as much as possible (though I couldn't sleep in today--had to get up to drive down the coast to a cliff-side restaurant for alcohol-laden brunch--is there any other kind?--then back through hideous traffic and--for some reason I was sleepy!--a long snore-fest)--and generally doing nothing productive or intellectually taxing. (TV plays a major role, though I'll be thrilled when the Olympics go away and never ever come back. At least not for two more years. Urgh...curling...ice dancing...make it stop...) Anyway, such intellectual indolence largely precludes my contribution to the blog, since of course I must, when here, engage all my wits in a dazzling display of intellectual virtuosity. (And nevermind the smart-ass questions like "Then why don't we get to see any of this?") So I'm largely mum until later this week. Down-time. Recharging. Lazy. Problem with this? Take it up with the management...

1 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Completely unfair. Completely. Just when I'm finishing up the diss and have all this free time looming on the horizon, you're going underground? Loser.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home