Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Living Through History

Do you realize that not since the Jefferson administration could one American citizen turn to another and say, "Hey! Didja hear?! The Vice President just shot a guy!" Makes one pause and realize that we live in great, great times...

2 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

I love it! I absolutely love it! This would only be a better story if he'd hit Bush with that load of birdshot.

10:17 PM  
Blogger post-doc said...

It's been at least 24 hours since I've heard about this, and it won't stop sending me into fits of giggles. Because I'm just that mature.

I've been eagerly anticipating Jon Stewart, and he made me spit water on my precious laptop. It's sad how happy this makes me. How joyous my evening has become.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home