Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Monday, February 27, 2006

Not Much, Really

The past few days having been spent in illness--an illness exacerbated by the realization that soon we'll be forced to endure a film version of The DaVinci Code, directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks--kind of a perfect storm of pop cultural banality (yeah, yeah, I like Hanks, too--but I like him precisely for his blandness--he's not what you'd call 'dynamic' or 'edgy')--anyway, it's a hideous, hideous thought--bad book! bad, bad book! no biscuit!--I haven't anything much to comment on or confess or what have you. Still pretty bitter; learning to mask it well. I'm reaching a point, soon, where I'll have to turn things around a bit in my life, which has fallen into an unacceptable state of barren sloth. I need to A. exercise more, B. eat better, C. work on publishing articles--which, of course, involves researching and writing the damned things, D. keep plugging away at the novel, and E. just generally wake up a bit--I feel half-asleep most of the time, sluggish and unmotivated. But it's coming, this moment. Just...not...yet...(Little joke for you St. Augustine fans out there.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home