Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Monday, September 25, 2006

Illness Redux

I'm going to get ripped into mercilessly by A Certain Someone for admitting this ("WHY DON'T YOU TAKE SUPPLEMENTS AND EAT BETTER, YOU F***WAD?!?!"), but I'm sick. Feels like a mild flu, but I woke up with a wretched sore throat and zero energy this morning, plus that slightly detached feeling that suggests light fever. Would like to go home and curl up and take drugs and sleep, but I've got to teach--oh, they'll be getting the 'smooth jazz' version of me today--and then, what fun, meet one-on-one with the President of the University--lovely--and it's nice and late in afternoon, so, just when I'm ready to collapse, I've got to meet with the Pontiff and convince him that I'm worth keeping around...snivel, whimper, bitch, moan...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll deal with you later.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I wish you still updated this blog for your many adoring fans. I'm not sure how I even know you or if I've ever met you--I used to run in the English PhD crowd in the late 90s/early 2000s--but I've had you bookmarked since forever. I've been waiting nearly 12 years now... checking periodically... re-reading posts I've read before... staring down at my shoes in quiet resignation as I wait for more words from you.

Come back to us.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home