Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Friday, November 11, 2005

A Quick Question

I'm still grading, so this really will be quick, but I gotta ask:

Pat Robertson ("God is no longer taking your calls because you voted against teaching Creationism in public schools, small Pennsylvania town")

--or--

Bill O'Reilly ("San Francisco is now a legitimate target for Al Quaeda and the U.S. Government and the rest of America will be happy to let this happen because you no longer allow military recruiting in your high schools")

--Who's more of an evil f***ing loon? Please vote early, we begin the talley as soon as a quorum has been reached...

4 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Is it possible to call it a win-win and have them both committed?

6:28 AM  
Blogger Yr. Hmbl. & Obdt. said...

Sorry, but I've checked with the management at Arkham Asylum, and they've only got the one cell to spare--it's the one right between the Joker and the Riddler--so we've gotta pick. Frankly, I'm leaning towards Pat, since God-complexes combined with a tendency to laugh way too much about stuff that clearly isn't funny beat out pugnacious idiocy by just a smidge.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote Pat. Simply because confident discussion of what the Great I Am is thinking and feeling from the sort of asswipe who would boast about such on television is ever so slightly more annoying than attributing unprovable motives to less omnipotent sources. If God does, indeed, talk, I assure you that Pat Robertson is not on the end of the line, whereas speculation on what's going on in the mortal world is something that everybody does--it's just that O'Reilly is irritatingly, scarily WRONG. So Robertson. Ever so slightly.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that they're equally loony. I know this doesn't help your poll at all, still, I have to tell you. They're both mad. Those who say things like these should be banned from ever speaking again on air. But that's just the nice person in me talking. The real me would like to see their lips sewn together real tight.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home