Will's Coffee House

John Dryden, Dramatist, Critic, Poet Laureate, and my ancestor, frequented a coffee house called Will's almost daily, where he would hold forth on sundry subjects with great wit and aplomb. Same deal here, only without the wit or aplomb.

Name:
Location: Large Midwestern City, Midwestern State, United States

I am a stranger in a sane land...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Snore.

I'm becoming, once again, a lazy and erratic blogger--there was a piece on Slate the other day from a woman explaining why she quit her blog--that it wasn't encouraging her to write, it was *replacing* her writing. There's something to be said for that. I mean, if I'm here typing my random thoughts and tedious accounts of emotional turmoil, I'm not banging away at the novel or the articles, now, am I? And yet I really, really should. Which isn't to say that I'm quitting, but that I suspect that I have to prioritize a bit more...Something to think about. Regardless--there'll be less from me next week in any case, as I've a huge stack of grading first thing on Monday, and then a mid-term at the end of the week, so this will be a brutal period of academic drudgery, alas. So, you know, if I'm silent, I'm suffering for it...

1 Comments:

Blogger phd me said...

Wait, is that a threat? You're going to limit our daily allotment of the infamous Dryden wit? I don't think so! What will it take to keep you up and running? Cookies, maybe?

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home